Friday 27 June 2014

Been on my mind for a while now

 {Lidls'croissants in a tube - French week}

 {breakfast: warm croissants + honey}

{Lidl random ad - Mexican week}

I have such a weakness for Lidl products. Being such a cook-aholic, I consider them fun and exciting.
Of course, I should be buying local, from the farmer's market, especially, should be supporting the local market, buy foods that are not packaged and not brought from abroad, made with god knows what. I know this very well, I believe in that and I will want to support that in the future. I really do.

I get my basic stuff like flour, sugar, oil, canned goods and such from Kaufland, Billa or eventually Carrefour. I love Auchan for their bulk section, where you can get your nuts, seeds, dried fruits, tea, coffee, pasta and so forth. I just love that you can get any quantity you want, you can see them there, I don't know, I just do. Of course, it would be even better if you could come with a reusable fabric bag, or a jar and not have to use plastic bags. That would be insanely amazing.
These are good for your grocery shopping.

But. There is a but.
But when you want something else, something special, maybe half baked, or just something to go with what you already plan on cooking, you (or just me) go to Lidl. 
I love their diverse weekly products. I like that after a while they go on sale because nobody buys them. I regularly buy their greek yogurt, asian cooking sauces, noodles, tortillas, a tortilla chip dip once in a while, if it's something special.
 R says that their nonfood products are pretty decent. Like, for example, a few months as the biking season was opening, they brought a lot of cycling stuff, saddles, lights, helmets, and lots of other things. They have hardware tools, kitchen tools, sewing machines, sewing kits, gardening tools, and lots of other stuff at a decent price.
I don't like their flowers, neither stems, nor potted. They just feel waxed and too polished and you feel like they've been drugged to get here from some far away place.

I kind of like going there on weekends and get a little something for the week to come. I do enjoy their ad and I scribble on it and mark the things to buy.

And there goes another post about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment