Wednesday 7 May 2014

herbs situation update

 {post trip basil situation + new mint in glass}

 {until recent arrangement - remaining basil + potted mint}

{the sunny spot - just a few hours in the early morning}

 Well, let me rewind...
You're probably wondering where them little cute paper pots at? Well I would have kept them until my plants would have grown big and nice and healthy and all that, but because I kept watering them (you know, like you kind of need to keep doing at least once in a while with plants - I know, they're kind of pretentious) they were starting to get mold, to rot. And I couldn't have that. So I transplanted them into cream and yogurt cups (just the basil and one bunch of wanna be cat nip, the mint just did not make it). They seemed OK at first; the basil hasn't really grown anymore, but it isn't dieing either so I just keep watering it, but it's been like that since forever and I 'm just like whatever and lost enthusiasm, big time.
I brought 3-4 springs of mint from my uncles' place in Italy. He is a gardener there, grows loads of veggies and flowers and it's a neat place he has there where he lives.

So I brought the mint home and potted it but it got all dry and I was afraid it might die so I kept it in water for longer and it  made these little white roots. I repotted them and watered the soil good and now I'm hoping they'll "settle". That's kind of it with the plants, they're just hanging in there, no changes, no deaths. When something exciting happens you'll be the first to know, if I'm in the mood for blogging that is.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment