Thursday 22 May 2014

dealt with this week





We finally moved our little beginnings of herbs in larger  pots. R has created a separator between the mint and the basil because supposedly mint is going to take over the pot and we don't want is smouldering the basil. I am so proud of my little basil - because I've grown it and it wasn't brought from Italy or Bz and just planted there. It took so long and it's only the beginning, but it's promising. I wanna kiss those little tiny leaves that have appeared.

{who's a pretty fella'?}

There's not much to see on the left of the windowsill, as the ranunculus pot is just soil. I had 12 bulbs of ranunculus and potted just 4 of them because we had to let them breath and I figure I'll soon plant the rest of them in separate pots and then transfer them again. I just don't have space for them. I already feel motoc and the birds that used to come and eat on our window sill are kind of annoyed by the total lack of space outside the window. Motoc especially really loved to get out and sit in the sun.
I can't wait to see my ranunculus popping out form the soil,even just a tiny green smudge of a thing.
We'll keep watering them in the morning and in the evening.

Elsewhere around the house...

{red rubies}

 {traces}

 {quartered}

 {very messy}

 {and oozing}

 {but worth it}
I made these...

{and this mess}

They were just as good as they sounded. I had to choose from two recipes, Molly's and Deb's.
Molly's won. They look far better, far more rustic and although mine look like Deb's - barely golden on top- they we're amazing. The mess is so worth it and one should follow the instructions carefully for the mess to work out.


 {saying Hi or maybe just Goodbye}

 {these took me half a day - for Hasegan}





I finally did this diy. First and foremost - DON'T do it in your room, especially one that's as tiny as ours. Second - use newly bought polish and not old one like I did, or you'll end up like I did - with just red stained paper like there has been a murder, and I used them to wipe off the evidence. Use good hard paper and have nail polish remover at hand. Have where to place them after you dipped the paper! Use gloves for both hands, not like I did. If you think it's going to be easy and not messy, you are wrong. That blogger just made it seem so easy and fun, and it aint.


No comments:

Post a Comment