Wednesday 5 March 2014

 {soap dispenser}

 { cute toothpaste samples}

 {towel turned into bathmat}

{on the right - after-bath olive oil}

Our bathroom is ok, not great. Not new, not that old, not the most pleasant room, but not that horrible. I love that on sunny days it gets flooded with light.

I posted these items for no exact reason, other than the fact that they make my life pleasant. It's just how I work.
I wanted to point out that I hate most shower gels, shampoos, soaps because they harm the environment and don't do us that much good either.
I started collecting the coffee grounds left after our morning coffee and mixing it with some shower gel to create a homemade scrub. It works very well and you do have to clean the bathtub after, but I don't mind. Just before getting dry, I use olive oil as you would apply Johnson baby oil, and the pat it off with a towel. It's great, I love the smell and it keeps my skin moisturized.
I have been/and still am searching online for some more natural products, like a good shampoo, or a hair mask but what I found would have to be delivered from miles away and I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. Plus I was not convinced. I wish there was a company of the sorts here in Is, but there isn't. So bummer. For now, I'll go with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment