Tuesday 4 February 2014

'Chairs' - reconditioned

{chairs - destroyed}

 {garbage}


{sylvester and tweety}

 {preparing the material}

 {bedside table}

 {not so perfect}

{back of the seat}

The black chairs from the first image were found one day, a long time ago somewhere outside a building block by R and his flatmates. They took them but never used them, as they were too much of a bother to clean. At that time I had no chairs in my room, where me and my sister moved and so I thought I could use them. From that day on we were never separated. Pupi loved them too, so much that she had to bite the life out of them, and so our rescued chairs looked kind of done. But no, we didn't get rid of them. In fact we took them with us as I moved out from my sisters' in October. Then I got the idea from here. It seemed easy and so it was.
We gave them a spray paint outside while it was freezing, got rid of the old so called 'leather' and kept the insides although we did not use them. Instead we used bevatex, different material I had left from school, and borrowed a furniture stapler from school. Although it was easy, it took me less then a month to do them. But it's fine, better late then never...

No comments:

Post a Comment