Saturday 19 July 2014

planties

 Just a quick and small update on my plants.
 I guess they're doing fine, as far as I can see, even with the limited amount of light they get. It's probably the heat that keeps them going, and the water, of course.



 {three bits of ranunculus + little basil on it's own, to get it multiplied}

 {mint - to be multiplied}

 {forming little teensy roots}

 {basil - scarce but strong}

 {soon to be arugula - taking her time}

{starts of coriander}

Yes, my basil is so scant and it's because I moved it from one pot to another and some got broken, others just dried out...that's why I try to grow more from a single stem with grown leaves. You probably know it already: if you cut a stem and place it in water, and take care of it, it eventually grows little roots that make it easy for it to be fed by the soil when planted. It's like a bridge between the cut stem and the soil. So it can be multiplied. I find that amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment