Saturday 18 October 2014

Arriving in and the first few days - Portugal




The trip was fine, I guess. A bit tiresome, of course.
I took off from Otopeni and so getting there by bus wasn't the greatest. I hate buses.
I flew to Lisbon, a 4 hour flight, and then from there another 40-50 minutes to Porto. We were served breakfast on the first flight, and it was decent enough. Just your regular: omelet, ham, bread + tea/coffee+ croissant, butter, jam+ yogurt, fruit salad. It was just what I needed after the lousy bus ride.

 {room service}

 {I love me a good bathroom with a window}

 {view from my window}


I need to find a room, very soon.
The hotel I'm staying in is great. But I'm done with it. I want to get my own room, with a kitchen where I can cook and make tea.
I want to settle in and start school and walk around the city and just relax. But I can't, not until I get my place.
I absolutely hate looking for a new place. Now, imagine having to do that in a new larger city and having to speak and settle the details in a foreign language. It's just the worst. I got lost a coupe of times while trying to find an address and just gave up and went home. The owners ain't coming to get you there, not even if you ask them to. Apartment/ room searching sucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment