Friday 29 August 2014

Vacationing

{card / espresso}

{lozana}

{some great beach walks}

{dawn}

{sunrise - almost}

{finally}

{coffee I}

 {orange campari - not my cup of tea}

 {beach / mangalia}

 {m, architecture I}

  {m, architecture II}

  {m, architecture III}

 {IV}

 {V}

 {VI}

{VII}

 {corn - ridiculously expensive / a rip off}

 {coffee II/ Corsa yard}

 {loads of fast food stands everywhere}

 {Corsa - very bird friendly}

{Costinesti - long train station platform - with a view}


We've been back home for a couple of days now. The one week trip five day trip/ vacation to the sea side went well enough.
I just have a couple of notes on that:
* the beaches are crazy dirty/ there's trash everywhere you look
*the people are pretty annoying and uneducated/ loud and rude
 *our accommodation was not that amazing, I don't wanna sound like a cry baby, but I would not pay money for a week in our room. not even for a night. R kept reminding me not to have such high expectations, since it's free, and that we should enjoy it. The room was dark and felt a bit unsafe so we kind of kept the light on , a few times, while gone in the evenings. I hated our bedding. God, it was the worst. I know for a fact that the rooms had mismatched bedding, so I figured they could easily go through some second hand stores and get decent bedding, like seriously. Something with cotton. It felt like you were sleeping directly onto the mattress and then you had to cover yourself at night with this teensy one layer sheet and if would get really cold at night, you could cover yourself with the dusty old blanket they had in the closet. Disgusting. About this blanket thing; they had the same thing at Coroana 
in Brasov. We went there two years ago, late October, I think, and had the fortune to try out one of their rooms. Good space, great bathrooms, decent view. We're definitely going back there soon.


But still, the bedding. Although it was cotton and smelled way better (at Coroana), you still get the blanket. 
Oh well, maybe I'm too pretentious. Well, after the Coroana experience, having the Corsa experience was like a step down for me...
But all in all it was good. We got used to it after the first days.
We had those cards and the food isn't great there, so we  I spent most of my credit on coffee, cause they had an espresso machine and water and soda/ loads of plastic bottles--( which made it a very non-eco vacation and made me feel plenty of guilty/ but I did not find our bathroom water in any way drinkable, so we had no other choice) and on the occasional dessert/ ice cream.
We spent almost two days in Mangalia, which is at a  20 minute train ride away from Costinesti, were the beaches are better, way better. 
But there's really nothing to do there. So a week is really the perfect amount of time you want to spend at the seaside. Well, that's my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment