Sunday 3 August 2014

happening over here

Finally! We have a mirror on the hallway wall. We bought it second hand and it's a bit to high the way we hanged it, but it's Ok. We used the holes that were already there because we don't have a drill. We took down the wood-board with that 'amazing' flower drawing on it and I'm not going to miss it.
R thought we didn't really needed it at first but now agrees we do. We thought for a second to hang it in our room, so it would catch and reflect a bit of sunset light, but it would have looked weird, being so slim on our large empty wall.





 {pizza dough}

 {chopping chocolate}

 {loads of it}

 {cookie on my thrift ed plate}


Cookies. Chocolate chip.
It's a recipe I found scattered all over the web, well, blogger. But also Huffigton post, New York Times...
It's developed by this guy, after interviewing several cooks, pastry chefs in New York. He came up with this recipe, which is simple, but needs time and following the exact tips stated for the final promised product: the best chocolate chip cookie ever.
I'm linking this episode of Spilled Milk, with all the info on it.
I let some of my dough rest in the fridge for up to one week and they turned out really good.

Oh yeah, Here's the recipe.

Concerning other things...
R sold his bike and is now working on his pegas. He cleaned it up, spray painted it and needs a little bit more work and it'll be good to go. We will be able to bike together pretty soon.
I kind of lost my job. They finally figured out I wasn't as good a tailor as they thought. But it's Ok.
I'll probably be job hunting after I'll be back from our trip to the seaside. But until then, I'll enjoy summer. I've been reading, cooking, cleaning around the house.
Our bathroom is a mess. We have a problem with a pipe and it's been like that for a week or so now. Hopefully this week we'll get it fixed. Plus, our light-bulb fixture in the bathroom is kind of off and needs looked at. So we've been showering and stuff with a lamp on. It's just great...
The weather is way too hot, I'm sick of it and really looking forward to autumn. Like really, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment